I am a Ph.D. candidate advised by Prof. Dejan Marković in the Electrical Engineering Department at the University of California, Los Angeles, where I am a member of the Parallel Data Architectures Group and a Broadcom UCLA Fellow in the circuits and embedded systems program.
I am interested in integrating circuits and embedded systems, signal processing, and nano-device technologies to address major social challenges such as healthcare, information accessibility, and energy. Specifically, my future research focuses on 1) developing embedded sensing and computing systems to promote economical and pervasive healthcare services; 2) innovating VLSI architectures to support energy-efficient and high-performance big data analysis in server systems.
- 05/09/2014—Fengbo Ren accepted a tenure-track faculty position at Arizona State University.
- 02/28/2014—Fengbo Ren is interviewing for faculty positions.
- 10/30/2013—Fengbo Ren is on the job market and looking for academic positions.
- 06/13/2013—Our international patent "Body Voltage Sensing Based Short Pulse Reading Circuit" has been licensed to a startup company based in California.
- 05/08/2012—Fengbo Ren is the recipient of the 2012-2013 Broadcom Fellowship.
- 06/02/2010—Fengbo Ren is the recipient of the 2010-2011 Graduate Division Fellowship due to the Best Performance in the Ph.D. Preliminary Exam.