Amanda Fujii (current MS student)
- 2011-2012 UCLA Outstanding Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Award
Felix Lee (MS 2012) and Ian McKinley (PhD student)
- 2nd place in the Best Paper Award Competition at the ASME 2012 3rd Micro/Nanoscale Heat & Mass Transfer International Conference, Atlanta March 3-6, 2012 (out of 140 papers)
Anna D'Entremont (current PhD student)
David Wirth (MS 2012)
Razmig Kandilian (current PhD)
- 2009-2010 UCLA Outstanding Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering Award.
Jin Fang (PhD 2012)
Brian James (MS 2011)
- 2012 - 2013 ASME Early Career Leadership Intern Program to Serve Engineering (ECLIPSE).
Raylene Moreno (MS 2011)
- 2010-2011 UCLA Graduate Opportunities Fellowship.
- 2010 UCLA Engineering Achievement Award for Student Welfare.
Dmitry Yudovsky (PhD 2010)
- 1st place in the Biophysics track at the 10th Annual Systemwide Bioengineering Institute of California Symposium in 2009.
- 3rd Place in the poster competition at the 2009 Veteran Administration Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System/UCLA 16th Annual Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service Residency Research Day for Physicians and Rehabilitation Professionals.
Damien Vanderpool (MS 2008)
- 2008 UCLA Outstanding Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering Award.
Kamal M. Katika (MS 2004, PhD 2007)
- 2004 UCLA Outstanding Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering Award.
Gabriel Garcia (BSME 2011)
- 3rd Place in the 2010 UCLA RISE-UP poster competition.
Abubbakar Bah (BSME 2011)
- 1st Place in the 2008 UCLA RISE-UP poster competition.
Neal Hutchinson (BSME 2010)
- 2010 Harry M. Showman Prize from UCLA School of Engineering and Applied Science.
- 2nd Place in the 2008 UCLA RISE-UP poster competition.
Kancy Lee (BSME 2007)
- 2007 Harry M. Showman Prize from UCLA School of Engineering and Applied Science. The Harry M. Showman Prize is awarded to students who most effectively communicate the achievements, research, results or social significance of any aspect of Engineering to a student audience, the engineering professions, or the general public.