The mission of the Signal Processing & Circuit Engineering (SPACE) research group is to develope high performance mixed signal circuit that innovates on circuit architectures and digital signal processing algorithms. The joint design between low level circuit hardware and higher level algorithms results in the optimized soultion in terms of power, speed and programabilities. Some of our research interests include time varying circuits used in filter or RF receivers, fast start-up oscillators, high quality frequency synthesizers and embedded machine learning hardware archituectures.
We are looking for talented individuls to join our group with the backgrounds in either (or both) areas:
1) Analog/mixed signal circuit design.
2) Digital signal processing or machine learning hardware architecture.
- PhD student Shi Bu won the 2019 Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship for his work on wideband frequency-channelized ADC using Time-Varying circuits and adaptive digital controls.
- Two papers accepted to the 2019 International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) in the sessions of Frequency Synthesizers and Analog Techniques.
- PhD student, Hani Esmaeelzadeh, won best poster award at the 2018 Semiconductor Research Corporation and Texas Analog Center of Excellence Annual Review.